Art & Design
Architectural styles |
list of architects
list of famous buildings, projects
Computer Generated Art (AI)
Scanning electron micrographs
Nature Inspired art
Greek Art, etc..
Stained Glass Windows
Lesbian and gay art
Native Peoples art
Video game art
Video game genres
ancient cave drawings
Black and White
Film - Movies
Commercial art |
Digital Live Art
Immersion (virtual reality)
Old master print
Death in art
Lumino kinetic art
Scenic painting (theatre)
US Cultural Art
Punk visual art
Clothing Design - Fashion
Fashion Shows, Models
World Style, Fashion, Clothing
Video game art
- list of painters, and their major works
- list of movements, and the major painters in each movement
- list of the top 1000 paintings sold, and the sale prices
- list of paintings by country and period
Top Animation Schools
1. California Institute of the Arts, Valencia, California, better known as CalArts, is one of the top-ten schools for aspiring animators.
2. University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, California, houses the John C. Hench Division of Animation & Digital Arts (HenchDADA), which offers innovative courses taught by award-winning animators. Animation students have access to private workstations throughout 4 state-of-the-art animation studios.
3. Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), Savannah, Georgia, offers art and design degrees and the animation program offers access to ultramodern Mac and PC labs with Adobe Creative Suite, Maya, Motion Builder, Dragonframe, and Houdini.
4. Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, Rhode Island, one of the nation’s oldest schools of art and design. The major in Film/Animation/Video (FAV) offers the opportunity to produce a portfolio of animated works.
5. The University of California-Los Angeles (UCLA) hosts a wealth of top-rated animation classes.
6. Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, offers animation, computational and interactive art, game arts, and video and performance art.
7. Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida. Ringling College of Art and Design (RCAD) is home to North America’s #1 Computer Animation program in Digital Filmmaking, Illustration, and Motion Design.
8. New York University Tisch School of the Arts, New York, New York
9. At U-Penn’s School of Engineering and Applied Science, programs include Digital Media and Design (DMD), Graduate Computer Graphics and Game Technology (CGGT), and the Center for Human Modeling and Simulation PhD (HMS).
10. The University of Central Florida (UCF) School of Visual Arts and Design undergraduate programs include Character Animation, Experimental Animation, and Cinema Studies. SVAD offers concentrations in Illustration, Drawing and Printmaking, and Type and Design.
11. Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York
12. Laguna College of Art and Design, Laguna Beach, California
13. Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, New York
14. Columbia College of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
15. Parsons The New School for Design, New York, New York
16. Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California
17. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York
18. The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
19. Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
20. University of Texas at Dallas, Dallas, Texas
lists over 80,000 graphic design portfolios, and currently has almost 1,000 job listings.
is a great place to find design job opportunities. Many companies are prospecting for new and experienced designers.
is a large, well-known site to find graphic design jobs. New job openings are listed by top agencies and design studios.
showcases many great listings, including design management jobs, interactive jobs and many other design jobs with varying experience requirements.
is a growing job board that sports a variety of design, development, illustration, and Flash job listings.
is a design related blog, and also has a design job board with both full-time and freelancing positions.
tends to lean more towards web design related jobs, but there are jobs for graphic designers on this site as well.